Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do they mean

On Apr 13, 8:11*pm, George wrote:
On 4/13/2011 3:04 PM, LSMFT wrote: When a cell phone company says 'Free mobile to mobile" Do they mean
mobile to land line is not free? These companies seem so crooked.

No fan of many megacorps but what is crooked about "free mobile to
mobile"? A landline isn't a mobile.

I guess he's point was that you don't necessarily know whether a
number you dial is a landline, mobile, in-network mobile, etc. It's
kind of like a shop where some things are on sale, others aren't
and it;s not clearly marked.

But as Ed pointed out, many times you know the person you're
calling and whether it's their mobile # and/or what carrier they
are on. Also as Pete pointed out, the usual practice is that
if the call is not free, then it just charges against your monthly
minutes.

I have Verizon and in-network mobile to mobile is not counted.
From a practical standpoint, not a problem for me. I have a
plan with 400 mins and never come close to using them all.
Most of the people I have long conversations with are on
Verizon. To take advantage of the calls that don't count
against your minutes, you just need to keep an eye on
your bill occasionally and if you don't know what company
someone is with that you plan on having long calls with,
ask them.