Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default What do they mean

On 4/13/2011 11:04 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"LSMFT" wrote

So I gotta know what kind of phone the person has that I'm calling?
Sounds like **** fraud to me.

Not really. If you are calling a business, you usually get a landline.
If you are calling home or calling your mother, you already know. If
Uncle Bob says 'here's my cell number" you put it into the directory
that way. You can also tell by the area code in some places as certain
ones are used only for mobile. If you are calling your kid's phones that
you gave them, you'd know that too.

You may not like the idea, but it is not fraud at all. No scam involved
at any level.

Don't know about other carriers but my carrier has a simple tool on
their web site to determine if the number you are calling is eligible
for free mobile-mobile. All you need to do is input the number and click.