Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stephen[_12_] Stephen[_12_] is offline

Default paving slab cutting

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:36:31 +0100, "Phil L"
wrote:

You've missed my point, the OP asked for a table type cutter, like for
tiles...try and slide a 60lb slab into a rotating diamond disc throwing
water all over the place...TIP: the number you want is 999 and ask for
'ambulance', don't forget to pack the severed body part(s) in ice and take
them with you

I hadn't thought about kick back. I can see how dangerous that could
be. And you are right, a 600x600mm slab is very heavy so would be
difficult to lift and slide. So it makes sense to keep the heavy slab
stationery and move the lighter angle grinder. Thanks.