Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default "Safety-Screw" Removal ?

On Apr 13, 11:23*pm, bob haller wrote:

A friend had a commercial van and asked me to move the security
screen. I was unable to find any tool to remove thse screws, and ended
up grinding off the heads. They had a wierd number of sides and pin in
center.

Found out later they were a special security screw for prison
applications only..... Only authorized people could buy the tool, and
there was no way for me to buy one and they cost a couple hundred
bucks. Even the dealer who sold the van said they couldnt get the tool
or remove the screen.

Evan posted a while back about such screws - that they're one-offs
from the manufacturer.