Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What do they mean

"LSMFT" wrote

So I gotta know what kind of phone the person has that I'm calling? Sounds
like **** fraud to me.

Not really. If you are calling a business, you usually get a landline. If
you are calling home or calling your mother, you already know. If Uncle Bob
says 'here's my cell number" you put it into the directory that way. You
can also tell by the area code in some places as certain ones are used only
for mobile. If you are calling your kid's phones that you gave them, you'd
know that too.

You may not like the idea, but it is not fraud at all. No scam involved at
any level.