Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default GLOAT Woo-Hoo

This followed me home last Friday. VBgoddammSEG

https://sites.google.com/site/majorgloat/mill

X-axis has .015 backlash, Y-axis has .005, but the shop stole a part
before I got it. It's the big flathead screw that holds the nut in
position. H108 cross-feed nut retaining screw on the parts list. Where
to get? Gibs are nice & snug. Also need the oiler, that got took too.
Gonna need to put bearings in the spindle, flycutting more than .030
deep rattles & leaves bad finish. Also got a Sony Magnascale (working,
GGGG). And a vise. And a collet holder with all sizes in 1/16ths from
1/8 to 3/4. Yee hah. Woo-hoo. Need a drawbar, and gotta replace the
collet locating pin.

What's that, you say? How much?

Hold onto your desk, chair, whatever. Howzabout $200 sound? Yes, way.

Can you say homina, homina, homina?

Towing company charged $95 to deliver on a flatbed, and slid it off,
inside the garage door. Whattadeal.

It's 440 3 phase, but that's a minor problem. Worry about that later.
Gotta clean it up, & replace the parts that got swiped first.

Finally, I got a gloat.

--
Steve Walker
(remove brain when replying)