Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default One for the electrical boys, please ...

On 13/04/2011 17:20, Arfa Daily wrote:
snip
Our demand will be fairly high. There will be two electrical fryers,
each loading at 2 x 9kW, so I guess if they are all on and heating up
together, that would be a demand of 36kW. There is also a ceiling
mounted airco / heater unit that I don't know the specs for . It's not
very big - maybe 2 ft square.

/snip

Find the specs for that aircon unit. I'd expect it to use a substantial
fraction of the heat it needs to get rid of - and on a hot summer's day
that will be the whole 36kW and a bit. I'm no expert (I merely suffer
these things in computer rooms) but I wouldn't be at all surprised to
find it eats another 18kW.

Seems to me that may exceed your power limit.

Splitting this lot evenly over three phases isn't going to be possible.
Some of the time you'll have load on one of the phases only, sometimes
two, and only occasionally all three.

Andy.