Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Ping: RicodJour - Roofing cap pics

On Apr 13, 3:31*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Apr 13, 3:15*pm, Vic Smith wrote:

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 14:49:02 -0400, Jeff Thies
wrote:

* It seems to me also, since the cap shingles are bent that that cuts
into the life also.

* Just replace them.

That's what I'll do. *But not me. *Too old for that.
It's going to be interesting to see what the original roofer says.

--Vic

My prediction:

1 - The roofer will blame the manufacturer.
2 - The manufacturer will blame the roofer.
3 - You'll be stuck in the middle with no recourse until you finally
give up and pay someone to replace something that should be covered
under *somebody's" warranty.

It's hard to fault a cap shingle installation. The surface of the
shingles broke down before the rest of the shingles. The
manufacturer will probably pony up some prorated money to replace the
caps - say $10. But more likely they'll probably just offer a few
bundles of replacement cap shingles, and the burden of the cost - the
installation, will be on Vic as the roofer will rightfully say, "I
didn't do anything wrong!"