Posted to alt.home.repair

Default "Safety-Screw" Removal ?

On Apr 13, 3:04*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Harbor Freight is your friend.
* *http://www.harborfreight.com/33-piec...set-93388.html
Look for "security screw" or "security" and you'll find bits
that will help with your project.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bob" wrote in message

Hello,

The pushbutton, all plastic, piece that opens my microwave
door broke,
but I was able to get a new one from a parts place on the
internet.

But, the screws that hold the metal microwave cover in place
are
apparently some kind of a safety-screw, which I'm having a
lot of
trouble with.

Obviously, Whirlpool doesn't want the home user to take the
cover off.

The small screw heads look like either Allen or Torex, but
they have a
pin in the center to prevent any normal wrench from
engaging.
Have never seen any Allen or Torex or..., with a hole in the
center for
getting over the screw's pin.

Any idea what kind of wrench might be called for ?

Thanks,
Bob

Yes, agree with the above, which is what I was thinking. I have
one of the HF kits and it's well worth having. Think it only
cost me $8 or so and it has like a 100 various security bits.
Not sure if it has the one in question. But if needed, I could
go look.