Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default OT - saving the environment

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:52:26 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:
One example comes to mind. Flow restrictors on faucets. Supposing I'm
washing the car. I need five gallon bucket, half full of hot water and
soap. If I half-fill the bucket off unrestricted faucet, it half-fills
in about a minute. And suppose I half-fill the bucket on a sink that's
got a 1.5 gallon per minute aerator, on it. It takes much longer to
half-fill the bucket. Now, for 10 bonus points, and one letter grade
increase. How much water was saved by using the flow restricted faucet,
and waiting several minutes to half-fill the bucket?

Which half of the bucket are you filling - the bottom, or the top? It
makes a difference.