Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

John Rumm wrote:
On 13/04/2011 10:17, MM wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:29:50 +0100, wrote:

In , MM
writes
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 23:51:43 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:07:28 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

Does it make a difference that there is another unconnected aerial
cable in the same conduit?

Umm ... you are on the -right- cable aren't you?..

Has happened...

Quite frequently but earlier everything was working well after the
cable in the loft was rerouted but it was then fiddled with again and
is now broke again. I suspect a break/kink in the cable somewhere. As
there is a spare length just switch over to that.

Ah, well, I suppose I could do that, but it would negate the provision
by the builder for a satellite dish later on. However (thinking
aloud...), why should I bother myself about what the next owner,
whenever that might be, wants or doesn't want. Until your suggestion
above, I had kind of looked at that spare roll of cable as sacrosanct!

MM

If installed by the builder then don't get your hopes up that it's
decent stuff.

Strip the sheath on a bit at the end of a spare and/or on the reel and
compare with the pics here to be su

http://www.wrightsaerials.tv/article...-quality.shtml

Okay.

I had another brainwave a few minutes ago. Is there a wireless way of
connecting the aerial amplifier to the TV?

Not realistically.

well yes and no.

And realistically, BUT its complex.

You could have a selection of tuner dongles couple to a computer that
would relay live video streams over a wifi link to computers geared to
receive them..

Or to could build your own relay station, and downconvert the TV bands
into lower channel numbers ( to prevent instability) and re-radiate into
your location..

But a bit of cable does seem a lot simpler.