Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On Apr 13, 2:49*am, Home Guy wrote:
Jim Wilkins wrote:
Bad analogy. The 1V will be lost in the internal resistance of the
inverter connection, which is much higher than that of the grid.

If that were the case, then your 42 amps would be converted into a
tremendous amount of heat as it burns up that internal resistance, and
there would be no measurable current for your revenue meter to measure.

Think of pouring water from a bucket into a lake.

For me to pour water into a lake, I have to raise it higher than the
lake level.

Think of height as eqivalent to voltage potential.

There's NO measurable rise in the lake level.

Unless water is compressible, there has to be a change in lake level.
The fact that I may not have a meter sensitive enough to measure it
doesn't mean there's no change in the level.

To continue that anology, don't forget someone somewhere takes a
bucket of water out of the lake.
Lots of buckets in. Lots of buckets out.