Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Will propane flame melt copper brazing?

On Apr 12, 12:50*pm, Matt wrote:
Not exactly. *Others have said that caustic soda run through a
recirculating pump will eventually eat through the crud, but I have no
pump to do this. *So I propose to try just putting the exchanger into
a heated bath with caustic soda in it. *I have no idea if this will be
successful or not, therefore I thought I would solicit opinions on the
incineration idea.

Soaking in a stagnant bath will remove some of your build up...

However, it is when you circulate a warm solution through the
inside of the device you need cleaned that you will have the
best performance -- the circulation of the cleaning solution
provides a scouring action...

How do you circulate your beer and water through this
heat exchanger ?

Probably worth investing in a small pump which you can
get with hose threads on it for cleaning your set up...

~~ Evan