Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Removing Morse Taper Chuck Video

On 4/12/2011 10:09 AM, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Tue, 12 Apr 2011 11:05:20 -0400, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

33 second video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ3jyEbcse4

I'm working on a bunch of "how to" videos. Any tips from those who use such
machines? This was one of our first tries a few months back...

i noticed your operator has three hands. Most of us are not so
blessed. I'd suggest a video of how a two hander does it.

Karl

Right, Karl. I do with two hands and an elbow on my Grizzly drill press.
Thumb on one hand holds the drift, fingers hold the drill bit or chuck,
elbow holds the three legged wheel, and the left hand holds the hammer
to whack the drift.

Paul