Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle[_3_] Gib Bogle[_3_] is offline

Default Japan Nuclear Problem

On 4/12/2011 11:58 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
An accident scale ranking of seven is not serious to you?

I'd call this a relatively meaningless scale. It does *not* equate to
Chernobyl, where the actual core suffered a mini-fission explosion and
the graphite moderator was on fire, thus ensuring a plume of radioactive
smoke that spread everywhere.

Most of the so-called "level 7" radioactive material is in the cooling
water and is, therefore, contained. The low-level stuff that was
released into the sea is going to be diluted, eventually, by the more
than 300,000,000 cubic miles of seawater in the earth's oceans. Which is
already radioactive to some degree, by the way, and always has been.

You appear to be saying "Oh! Level 7! Chernobyl was Level 7!" and then
wetting yourself.

If I appear to you to be saying something totally different from what I
said, then you appear to me to be delusional. Look carefully, I did not
mention Chernobyl. I did mention the number seven.