Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
vaughn vaughn is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Is the spindle motor in your DVD player AC? How about the spindle motor on
your hard drive?

No magic there! Spindle motors simplyt substitute solid state switching for
mechanical commutation. Actually, what is fed to the windings of a spindle
motor (though you may "nictpick" by calling it pulsating DC) actually more
resembles 3-phase AC. In fact, the windings of a spindle motor are usually
connected in a wye or delta configuration, sound familiar?

You do agree that those are all examples of "rotating machinery", don't you?

I agree that spindle motors are examples of rotating machinery. I don't agree
that proves any particular point for you.

Vaughn