Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wear resistant vs. easily machinable metals

Searcher7 wrote:
I came up with a new design for a video game joystick. The problem
with the original design that I am attempting to improve upon involves
wear of the metal parts that move across each other.

My goal is to A) create it so that the parts that move against each
other are inserts that are easily replaceable. And B) increase the
wear resistance through use of a better metal.

The action of the up/down joystick causes wear at the end of a rod
that turns inside of a matching diameter hole.

If you look at the picture of the joystick assembly in this link, you
will get an idea of what I'm referring to.
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...sJoystick2.jpg

I don't understand what you're asking other than how to make something not
wear out.

looking at the photo, which directions does the joystick move, and how
far?

what is it's purpose? does it run a leaf switch or something like that?

Does it move in on axis or two?