Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

There you go, again. Completely mistaken about what I'd
reccomend in the way of diagnostic. Just making up garbage,
and then trying to assign it to me. Well, you should do that
more often. Then, everyone can see what your true character
is like. Please write often, and lengthy. The more you
write, the better I look.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 4/11/2011 4:37 PM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

OK, that makes a bit of sense. Seems like a bit of bother
for what you can track down, with a VOM and some common
sense.

As usual, being an ignoramus, you completely miss the point.

The light bulb not only allows you to detect if there's a
short causing
too high a current draw, but it also *saves the device under
test* from
releasing the magic smoke if there is such a smoke.

If you use some other method of measuring current--break
circuit and
insert ammeter, or use clamp-on-meter, the meter will tell
you there's a
short, all right, at about the same time the transformer
erupts in a
ball of smoke and fire.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang