Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On Apr 12, 7:21*am, sno wrote:
On 4/11/2011 6:16 PM, wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 17:54:33 -0400,
wrote:

*wrote in message
On Apr 11, 1:32 pm, *wrote:

Not he's got it right except for the fact that allr otating electric
lmachinary is AC.

Those two quite common examples seem to refute your
absolute determination that ALL rotating electric machinery
is operated with AC motors...

How so?

Look deeper in the motor. *It's all AC on the inside. *;-)

I think you are pushing it....the brushes on a dc motor "guide" the dc
to different windings.....it is still dc...

In an ac motor the windings are generally in parallel...all the ac is
applied at one time....

I think I got that right....is a long time since I covered motor
theory..grin...the ac is not "chopped up"....or guided anywhere....

You could say that all electric motors operate the same....as they all
depend on magnetism (all generally used motors...there are some operate
on static electricity, etc)
have fun...sno

--
Correct Scientific Terminology:
Hypothesis - a guess as to why or how something occurs

It is DC until the point of the brushes. As the commutator segments
pass under each brush the current in that armature circuit reverses.
(There are many circuits in armature obviously) There is AC in the
armature. The armature could not revolve if it were not so.
From the observer's point of view, the magnetic field in the armature
is virtually stationary (moves slightly depending on load). But the
armature is revolving inside it.