Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Will propane flame melt copper brazing?

In article
,
Matt wrote:

Thank you for your reply. I go back and forth between trying to
provide too many details and just the basics. If I say everything I
tried up front, and the specifics of my setup, then someone is sure to
tell me how dumb I am for doing what I've already tried instead of
helping me fix the problem.

TO give the details - The unit is self-contained with four garden hose
connectors - two for cold water and two for hot beer (wort). That is
the only access I have to the insides, which consist of 20 plates (10
water, 10 beer). I will try pressure washing, as well as using some
industrial cleansers. I know other homebrewers have used caustic soda
with great results so I guess I will give that a shot.

It's hard to beat ultrasonic cleaning for busting crap loose. Any way
you could stick a transducer down one of those garden hose fittings?