Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

If the back emf from the motor is causing the problem, the bad
connection to the motor should have made itself VERY evident by now.

** Not true at all.

If it was mine, or if I had the transformer at hand, I'd have it apart
and analysed in no time. If the primary is shorted, I'd know, within
an hour or two of the failure..

** What is clear is that the primary has suddenly drawn a very large current
and that means there are SHORTED turns inside the primary.

Go away ******.

...... Phil