Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Stainless Grade Equivalents

I have need of stainless for various applications and to be frank the
local stores just don't stock much. The box stores have a modest
selection, but its all no grade listed Hillman crap. Their stainless is
worse than their packaged screws if that's possible.

I would like to have some idea what to search for for grades equivalent
to steel grades. Like what stainless bolt would I look for to be
roughly equal to a grade 8 steel bolt? A grade 5? Never mind grade 2.
Like I said, "the box stores have Hillman crap."