Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_9_] Matt[_9_] is offline

Default Will propane flame melt copper brazing?

most likely it is proteins that coagulate out of the solution when the
hot beer (wort) cools quickly along with little bits of hops that
aren't caught in the pre-filter before entering the heat exchanger.
They probably started getting caught in the channels of the heat
exchanger but I didn't notice until liquid got caught in there as
well so I could hear it when I shake it. I've tried boiling in
trisodium phosphate, soaking in oxyclean, acid-based cleanser, bleach,
turning a pressure washer on it, and baking in the oven at 400 degrees
for an hour. Nothing can seem to get these deposits out....so I
thought to try incinerating them.