Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On 4/11/2011 2:42 PM Evan spake thus:

On Apr 11, 1:32 pm, harry wrote:

Not he's got it right except for the fact that allr otating
electric lmachinary is AC.

I love how you can state that without any sort of qualification...

.... especially when it's pure BS. But that's our Harry.

You seem to have forgotten about higher end bathroom fans
which use an inverter to operate a DC motor which is much
quieter than an AC motor...

Welll, since this is a.h.r, and since you're picking a nit, let me pick
yours. I've installed several "higher-end" vent fans (Panasonic), all of
which use AC induction motors which are very quiet. Which bath fans use
the setup you described? (Besides which, why in the world would you need
an "inverter" to run a DC motor from an AC supply? Perhaps you meant
"rectifier"?)

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang