Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] a7yvm109gf5d1@netzero.com is offline

Default Rigol scope LCD problem

On Apr 11, 2:41*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
wrote in message

DS5102C, color LCD scope. When turned on, the leftmost quarter has
vertical stripes, the affected column is dead.

It looks like specific sub-pixels are not responding. R in one row is
dead, then G a few rows down, then B, repeat 10 times.

http://img593.imageshack.us/i/rigollcdscreen.jpg/

Thing is, after a few hour warm up, it works normally.

What is the most likely suspect before I go in and strip it down? Is
it likely to be simply a bad harness somewhere that needs reseating?
Or do I need to take apart the panel and fiddle arround with something
more arcane?

I don't think there's zebra strips in these things these days.

I would get inside and lightly probe with fingers, either final bond to the
LCD failed somewhere or solder problem on a demultiplexer chip. If bond
failure , do not try debonding and rebonding . That plastic reticulated
foam, pan scourer, pressed against the suspect area and padded/braced
against something is about all you can expect to remedy, unlikely to be
zebra strip.

Thanks, I haven't taken it apart yet but I think it's just a PS, a
mainboard and the front panel with the LCD, BNCs and buttons.
I'm hoping a simple reseating will fix it.
Thanks for the tips.