Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Rigol scope LCD problem

wrote:

DS5102C, color LCD scope. When turned on, the leftmost quarter has
vertical stripes, the affected column is dead.

It looks like specific sub-pixels are not responding. R in one row is
dead, then G a few rows down, then B, repeat 10 times.

http://img593.imageshack.us/i/rigollcdscreen.jpg/

Thing is, after a few hour warm up, it works normally.

What is the most likely suspect before I go in and strip it down? Is
it likely to be simply a bad harness somewhere that needs reseating?
Or do I need to take apart the panel and fiddle arround with something
more arcane?

I don't think there's zebra strips in these things these days.

I wouldn't put it past them to have zebra strips in there how ever,
since they can't use leaded solder any more in production items it's
very possible you have a solder joint issue in the screen itself or it
could be the header on your board.

Use circuit cooler on suspected areas after warm up to recreate the
problem.

Jamie