Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Are Tools A Better Investment Than Gold?

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message
One trend I have seen though several economic cycles is that quality
tools are a better investment than gold with holding their value,
appreciating and ability to convert into cash when needed.

Your thoughts on this curious trend?

Gold broker:

"You should buy some gold--it's turned out to be a very good investment for
me"...

Me:

Okay, sounds great--but where I can buy some?

Gold broker:

"No problem"--"I got a really good price on some of it awhile back and would
be delighted to sell you a portion".....