Posted to alt.home.repair
Matt[_9_] Matt[_9_] is offline

Default Will propane flame melt copper brazing?

I have a heat exchanger made up of stainless steel plates brazed
together with copper filler. I have collected some crud inside the
exchanger that I can't for the life of me get out. I was thinking of
just placing the heat exchanger on my propane turkey fryer on low for
an hour or so to try to incinerate the crud inside and turn it into
ash. However, I don't want to melt the copper brazing and make the
unit useless. I have little experience with brazing, and never with
copper. Does anyone know if a propane flame will heat the brazing to
the point of melting?

Thanks.