Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/11/2011 2:46 PM, Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 11:30:33 -0700, David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 4/11/2011 8:25 AM Smitty Two spake thus:

In ,
Jeff wrote:

My first encounter with you

Jeff, since you don't hang out on s.e.r., I'll clue you in about Phil.
Regardless of what he knows or doesn't know, he calls everyone a
****wit, and worse, all the time. Virtually every sentence of every
post is chock full of derision. If you choose to dialogue with him,
you'll get great heaping portions of his demented abuse. So don't take
it personally.

That's true, and it's also true that he often acts--seriously, no
joke--like he's off his meds.

But it's also true that he knows more about electronics than probably
all the "experts" here (a.h.r.) put together.

That's debatable. Phil is a troll

he does have the outward symptoms.

with decent knowledge in electronics.
He sets traps like a spider spins a web then comes back to pounce on
those in the trap.

I have no time for playing games. Anyone sending me down that path is
not worth the time consumed.

I think he is more than a little looney about the whole 1mF cap
business. Not that I'm an expert on appliances but there are plenty of
good reasons why such a thing is not used in other commercial and home
electronics. I've been inside thousands of different line driven
electronics and I've never seen anyone reflect his thinking. It makes me
doubt his practical background, and that is an understatement.

I think Phil gets a lot of his knowledge on Google.

Not a clue on that. I'll leave him in your group where he can foster
as much contempt as he desires.

Jeff