Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 10/04/2011 11:11, Ian Jackson wrote:

I feel quite sick!

If you can't (or can't be bothered to) solder the coax solid inner
conductor into the pin, instead of 'crimping' it with a pair of side
cutters or pliers, I reckon it's better first to put a slight 'kink'

Also you can (with most sockets) leave a little inner poking out the end
of the B&L plug F connector style. So the inner itself will make contact
with the socket.

I now use a brand (can't remember which offhand but available from a B&Q
near you) which has a grub screw for the inner conductor. Not cheap at
shed prices, but then I only need them once or twice per year and they
do seem neatly made - all metal except for the insulating bush.

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)