Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

In message on Mon, 11 Apr 2011 08:13:25 +
0100
Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , John
Rumm writes

Also you can (with most sockets) leave a little inner poking out the
end of the B&L plug F connector style. So the inner itself will make
contact with the socket.

Ooh! Nasty!

Indeed. There's more one way of (incorrectly) skinning a cat. But while
'crimping' the pin with a pair of side-cutters or 'kinking' the centre
conductor before insertion are pretty sound methods of achieving a
reliable contact, I really can't approve of this one.

Seconded!

Anyway, now we have three ways of bodging/botching the centre conductor,
perhaps it's time to turn our attention to question of how not to deal
with the braid?

The responses to that could be VERY interesting ...!

I will sit back and wait with interest ...

--

Terry