Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/10/2011 7:30 PM spake thus:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 18:33:34 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

On 4/9/2011 6:28 PM
spake thus:

He needs to go by the wiring diagram that came with the
transformer, and VERIFY IT WITH A VOLTMETER.

Which he has already done, if you'd bothered to read all his
postings.

I read them. I understood them. I was just replying to the notion
that he had connected the transformer wrong, based on wire colours.

NEVER ASSume anything - check the instructions, follow the
instructions, and verify the results. Particularly with today's supply
chain issues you NEVER ASSume something is what it says it is.

True that.

One thing nobody's yet explained about this whole puzzle is why there's
an extra set of leads from the transformer (as shown in the O.P.'s
pictures) that aren't being used. What's that all about?

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang