Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Rigol scope LCD problem

wrote in message
DS5102C, color LCD scope. When turned on, the leftmost quarter has
vertical stripes, the affected column is dead.

It looks like specific sub-pixels are not responding. R in one row is
dead, then G a few rows down, then B, repeat 10 times.

http://img593.imageshack.us/i/rigollcdscreen.jpg/

Thing is, after a few hour warm up, it works normally.

What is the most likely suspect before I go in and strip it down? Is
it likely to be simply a bad harness somewhere that needs reseating?
Or do I need to take apart the panel and fiddle arround with something
more arcane?

I don't think there's zebra strips in these things these days.

I would get inside and lightly probe with fingers, either final bond to the
LCD failed somewhere or solder problem on a demultiplexer chip. If bond
failure , do not try debonding and rebonding . That plastic reticulated
foam, pan scourer, pressed against the suspect area and padded/braced
against something is about all you can expect to remedy, unlikely to be
zebra strip.