Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_3_] Hawke[_3_] is offline

Default OT-Taxing the rich

On 4/6/2011 6:02 PM, wrote:
On Apr 6, 8:36 pm, wrote:

Sometimes you need to lie to get them to change. Facts won't always do
it. But the point is even the biggest zealot can change their minds. It
happens. I do agree it's a waste of time trying to do it for the likes
of Gunner and Tom. But like you I enjoy putting out the truth. It's like
pearls before swine for most but some do see the light, and that makes
it worth it.

Hawke

So which is it? You enjoy putting out the truth or sometimes you need
to lie.

Dan

Let me clear that up for you. When I said sometimes you have to lie I
wasn't talking about me personally but as a general rule. That being, to
get people with entrenched or closed minded views to change their mind
sometimes it takes some lies. I'm not passing judgment either, just
saying that sometimes the truth has to be forgotten if you want to
change a closed mind. I was thinking about changing someone like a
foreign spy to defect over to your side. Sometimes you have to lie to
them. Or when a cop is trying to get information. Sometimes they lie to
get it.

Do I use lying to get anyone to change their way of thinking. No. I like
to use reason and facts to persuade people that they are mistaken in
their views. So I was talking about two different situations.

Hawke