Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Jeff Thies Jeff Thies is offline

Default Cell Phone boosters or antennas

The rental house is on the downside of a hill and the cellphone
coverage is poor. Up the driveway it is fine.

Any experience with any of the cell phone boosters?

I see some are tethered to the phone, in which case an antenna would
be just as well. Some rebroadcast both ways. I'd like to spend less than
$200, but you know how that goes!

I'm halfway thinking of a Pringles can (or some such waveguide
antenna) facing the tower, but elevated, connected to a half (or quarter
if there is a ground plane) wave dipole. Seems like the can would have a
ton of gain. Crazy?

Jeff