Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default I need a special nut

On Apr 10, 11:54*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message

Steve B wrote:
"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 20:25:23 -0700, Steve B wrote:

http://www.amazon.com/Cork-Butler-Co.../dp/B0007RRFMW

We bought this wine bottle opener for $2 at a yard sale, not noticing
that it was missing a part. *It has never been used. *It is missing the
part that is at the top of the 3 piece cylindrical shaped thing right
under the handle. *What is sticking up now is a threaded end. *It looks
like standard threads, 1/2" dia.

If I could describe the missing nut, it would look like a small cup
with
threads inside.

Does anyone have any idea where I might find such an item? *If it came
to it, I could make one by getting a nut, welding a top on it, and
grinding it down to round. *But the real deal would be better.

Steve

Needs to go on 1/2" shaft with standard or coarse threads.

Steve

Now you have a good excuse to buy a lathe.

jsw