Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey[_2_] Terry Casey[_2_] is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

In message on Sun, 10 Apr 2011 18:32:29 +0100
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Yep. I just checked, and I've got one on a spare port on my dis amp. Its
just a knurled block with a belling lee plug integrated into it - no
makers markings.

this place seems to have em

http://www.jwhardy.co.uk/shop/pages/...onnectors.html

"IEC169-2 CoaxPlug 75 ohm Terminator each" @ 60p a hit.

Which if you are not happy to source resistors and solder, is a good
price, I reckon.

I have to say that that is the ONLY source I found on the web tho, which
supports the proposition that these are rare birds indeed.

I don't know what the postage would be for a small order but, at that price for
one-off, especially considering the rarity, that has got to be a bargain!

I can't be bothered to check but I bet Maplin would want more for the plug and
resistor for the DIY approach!

--

Terry