Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default paving slab cutting

On 10/04/2011 13:40, Stephen wrote:
Hello,

In the past I've always used an angle grinder to cut paving slabs. Is
that what everyone here does? I've got a tile saw that cuts with a wet
diamond blade and I have been told you can get a bigger version that
will cut slabs. I suppose this will have two advantages: it will cut
wet, so will produce less dust and it will have a fence to ensure a
straighter cut than a freehand cut with an angle grinder. Has anyone
used one of these? What did you think? What is the minimum spec I
should look for when hiring/buying? I presume motor power is important
to cut thick slabs.

You can hire hydraulic slab cutters cheaply
http://www.hsstoolshop.co.uk/hydraul...ire-1614-p.asp