Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_] Ian Jackson[_2_] is offline

Default How long can a TV extension cable be?

In message , Alan
writes
In message ,
Terry Casey wrote
but,
if your amp uses 'Belling' style connectors (like an ordinary aerial
plug/socket on a TV, find a local shop that sells components - or go to Maplin
- and buy a 75 ohm resistor (the old fashioned kind with wire connections) and
a plug. (If you can't get a 75 ohm resistor, 82 ohms is acceptable.)

Or fit a F type 75 ohm termination to a F to a Belling Lee converter
http://www.admac.myzen.co.uk/F_coax/
A few quid for the lot from Ebay.

If you're not 'into' electronics, that's by far the easiest way to do
it.

I've been in the electronics industry since the 1960s and, surprisingly,
I've never come across any commercial Belling Lee 75 ohm terminations.
In contrast, F terminations are everywhere. [I presume that that is
because they are used on professional equipment in the cable TV
industry.] I've always had to make my own B&Ls, or do as suggested
above.
--
Ian