Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

As a heating and AC installer and repair tech, I assure you
that David's writings sound fancy, but he's not competent to
comment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve Turner" wrote in
message ...
On 4/9/2011 4:37 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

So install such a fuse, run the unit and see what happens.

If the fuse blows right away, it's probably too small, so
use the next bigger
fuse; let's say 1.5 A.

Now you want to stop at some point, let's say 2-3 amps,
because now you're
getting up to where you may be exposing whatever fault
there is with the unit
and risking blowing the transformer again. If this
happens, you're going to
have to bite the bullet and find out what's wrong with the
damn thing. But at
least your 3rd transformer will still be intact.

Great information David. Thanks!