Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

If you were a criminal, stealing 3AG glass Littlefuses,
would you be con-fused?

Still got an electrical problem to find.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

Not to worry; I read the directions. The red and orange
wires were
indeed taped up and not used; only the white and black
wires on the
input side were hooked up in the normal fashion. The blue
and yellow
wires on the 24V output side of the transformer were
hooked to the blue
and red wires (respectively) leading to the control board.
I measured
input and output voltages after installing the
transformer, and I
ensured that I was getting 24V on the output side before I
hooked those
leads to the control board. The control board then came up
with it the
flashing red LED to indicate normal ("no call for heat")
operation.

Well, that blew that theory! ^_^

TDD