Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

Actualy, no, you don't have to. I don't think you're
comptetent to answer this question. At work, I regularly
measure amperage without splicing into the circuit. You
should stick to things you know.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

To measure current (which, properly speaking, is what you're
measuring,
not "amperage"), you have to break the circuit and put the
ammeter in
series with the circuit, so that all the current goes
through the meter.
(As opposed to measuring voltage, where you put the meter
*across*, or
in parallel with, the thing whose voltage you want to know.)