Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Ebay - OT

"sweetheart" hotmail.com gurgled happily, sounding much like they were
saying:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 07:06:53 +0100, sweetheart wrote:

I would go well up. In fact I have bid on a plate now with a silly
price. I doubt any dealer would go near it BUT what angers me is I
would prefer to deal with someone genuine. I cant be sure the person I
have offered my next bid to isn't a dealer. I don't think they are
since they offered the plate at 99p ( most dealers are asking about a
tenner in their shops. Watching whats going on now I can see they are
trying to buy the plate ( the one I want) at around £5 ( the one I
lost went to the bu for £5,19).

Why shouldn't a dealer bid? They are just as entitled as you.

I dont think they shouldnt bid but I think they need to be honest so you
can see who they are and what they are doing.

Does it _matter_ who the other person is? Whether they're a "dealer" or
not? The only thing that matters, surely, is that they're willing to pay
more than you.

Neither do I think creating a market amongst themselves really gives a
true indication of the value of goods.

Yet, in another post, you said...

What I would much prefer is to find a shop ( a proper one, even online)
I could go and buy from.

Where do you think those "proper shops" should get their stock, then? And
how, if not for a mark-up on their purchase price, do you think they
should make a profit?