Posted to uk.d-i-y
sweetheart[_2_] sweetheart[_2_] is offline

Default Ebay - OT

"Alan" wrote in message
In message , sweetheart
wrote

No, that's how the system works for EVERYONE. If the other buyer wants the
item he will have put in higher bid and will be expecting someone to make
other bids if an item that has interest to multiple buyers.

Multiple buyers? Who are you kidding? There were no multiple buyers here.
There was me and a blike who was a dealer ( checked his history after) who
came in one second before the thing ended. I dodnt have time to top him. I
did make the error of not knowing about the auto system - not as I can see
whether that would have helped.

He then went on to buy two other plates, same fashion ( I watched rather
than bid) , came in at the last minute and he was the only bidder on both of
those as I didnt bid at all. I just watched to see what he was about. Same
bloke, checked the history.

What I would much prefer is to find a shop ( a proper one, even online) I
could go and buy from.

But a shop selling a plate for a fiver will have ripped off someone when
they bought it. Sites like Ebay take out the middle man

You mean cut out the dealer? So I end up paying a dealer on e bay instead?
No it doesnt work does it. E bay is full of dealers and very few like me
from what I can see. The only difference is, I go to a shop I know the
middle man is a rip off merchant. I go to e bay to cut that out - and I am
riped off because the dealers are there in force.

Its the dishonesty I object to.