Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.energy.renewable,alt.home.repair

Default Feeding solar power back into municipal grid: Issues and finger-pointing

On 4/4/2011 6:16 AM Home Guy spake thus:

You are paid 80 cents / kwh for *any* electricity leaving your array (a
billing meter is installed right after your invertors). It doesn't
matter if your own home (AC unit, etc) will suck 100% of that solar
energy with none of it going back into the grid.

and

But still - you can't push more electricity onto a network than the load
is asking for (given that your invertors are functioning correctly I
guess).

Are you sure about that first statement? Pardon me if I misunderstand
what you wrote, but don't you only get paid for the *net current*
leaving your meter? If you're generating 5KW but "sucking" 6KW into your
AC, etc., then you have a 1KW net draw, so you're not gonna get paid
anything, correct?

That second statement is correct: you can't "push" electrons into the
grid. But it doesn't matter *how* your inverters are working; it's a
basic law of physics.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang