Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Gareth Magennis is xxxxxxxxxxxx

"Meat Plow"

I cried the day Hitachi quit manufacturing the 2SK49 / 2SJ135 pairs. I
have one old SCS 350w/ch power amp that uses them. I acquired it with a
blow channel back in the late 90's. It wasn't easy back then to find
replacements. I imagine it's probably a lot easier these days to find NOS
replacements. Maybe even a sub is made today?

** Finding NOS for those numbers is nigh impossible now.

But the Semelab BUZ900 and BUZ905 lateral mosfets are near identical.

Where devices operate in parallel, best not mix the numbers up -
particularly if there are no source ballast resistors.

..... Phil