Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/9/2011 8:28 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:57:57 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/9/2011 1:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Agree, sounds like electrical problem, and the OP isn't
quite skilled enough to find it.

I just saw it in the picture and posted what the problem is.
I would have seen it immediately if I was hands on. Look at
the wire colors on the transformer especially the YELLOW, it
is taking the place of the RED wire for low voltage. Notice the
yellow and blue are on one side of the transformer. I don't know
why I didn't notice it before. ^_^

TDD

You are sure that's the problem??
There are NO STANDARDS when it comes to transformer wiring colours
(outside of the radio/communications industry, and even there, the
beauty of standards is there are so many to choose from)

He needs to go by the wiring diagram that came with the transformer,
and VERIFY IT WITH A VOLTMETER.

No it's not, Steve wrote that the included instructions pointed out the
difference in wire color. I may have to change a compressor tomorrow so
I'm sure I'll see all kind of colors when I get a whiff of phosgene gas
when I hit the lines with my torch. ^_^

TDD