Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/9/2011 6:28 PM spake thus:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:57:57 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 4/9/2011 1:13 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Agree, sounds like electrical problem, and the OP isn't quite
skilled enough to find it.

I just saw it in the picture and posted what the problem is. I
would have seen it immediately if I was hands on. Look at the wire
colors on the transformer especially the YELLOW, it is taking the
place of the RED wire for low voltage. Notice the yellow and blue
are on one side of the transformer. I don't know why I didn't
notice it before. ^_^

You are sure that's the problem??
There are NO STANDARDS when it comes to transformer wiring colours
(outside of the radio/communications industry, and even there, the
beauty of standards is there are so many to choose from)

Ain't that the truth!

He needs to go by the wiring diagram that came with the transformer,
and VERIFY IT WITH A VOLTMETER.

Which he has already done, if you'd bothered to read all his postings.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang