Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/9/2011 3:11 PM Steve Turner spake thus:

On 4/9/2011 4:28 PM, David Nebenzahl wrote:

Since you're measuring AC current, you'll need an AC ammeter, which
rules out most digital multimeters, which only are designed to
measure DC current. Not sure where you'd (quickly, easily) get an
AC meter. Maybe others can suggest? But that's how you do it.

Interesting; thank you. My meter is an Extech MN26T:

http://www.extech.com/instruments/re...ls/MN26_UM.pdf

According to the operating instructions, my meter supports "AC or DC Current
Measurement"

Yep. You've got a better meter than I, and it's up to this task. Just
connect it as I described (be sure to use the correct connectors on the
meter, the ones marked "10A" and "COM"), make sure it's on the highest
current range (10A), and you're good to go.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang