Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blew another damn transformer on my Trane XB80

On 4/9/2011 2:21 PM Steve Turner spake thus:

The specs on the original transformer we Class 2, 115V primary (60hz), 24V
(35VA) secondary. Any chance you could point me to some _exact_ fuse solutions
for this application? There's a virtual six-pack of beer in it for you. :-)

Guess I missed that.

35 VA/24 V = 1.45A, so you need a 1.5A fuse. Fast-blow.

Get the kind that'll fit in an in-line fuse holder (the little glass
jobbies with metal contacts on the ends). Should be available even at
Radio Shack.

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang